Internship Chemistry Intern with SI Group
The Chemistry Intern will work with the Research Development Chemists assigned to the laboratory. Intern will gain firsthand knowledge and experience doing practical synthetic organic chemistry with hands on understanding of application and testing.
Prior SI Group interns have worked on projects such as:
- Application Testing
- Polymer Reactions
- Test Method Development
- Quality Control Analysis
Interns gain experience using technology and methods seen in an industrial chemical laboratory setting including:
- Tensile Testers
- FT-IR and TGA-IR
- Rheometry Instrumentation
- It is required of the Chemistry Intern to be responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable EH&S regulations and follow appropriate laboratory safety practices
- Participate as needed in safety audits, incident investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies. Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained, including Responsible Care.
- Complete all assigned and required safety training in a timely manner.
Degree program must be Chemistry – must have a basic understanding of organic chemistry and be able to calculate molecular weights and perform unit conversions.
- Basic experience in assembling batch reaction apparatus required for synthetic organic chemistry, is needed.
- MS Office proficiency required.
- Completed a minimum of one year of a degree-granting four year College or University (rising Juniors or Seniors preferred)
- Must be 18 years or older, and be an active undergraduate/graduate in good academic standing
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Eligible for work within the US