REU 2018 Summer Undergraduate Paid Researcher
The program will be held on the campus of West Virginia University, located in Morgantown, WV. Morgantown is surrounded by numerous state parks, beautiful mountains, rivers, and lakes, and is located only 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA and 200 miles east of Washington, D.C. The summer months in West Virginia offer unparalleled opportunities for biking, hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, whitewater rafting and back country trail hiking.
REU participants are trained on research projects that support the design of safer and more effective nanoparticles that have been characterized and assessed for potential toxicity. The research activities focus on multifunctional nanomaterials and support improved material design with attention to properties that impact human and environmental health.
Students participating in this program come from an array of majors such as chemistry, biology, physics, engineering, health sciences, biochemistry. Current college Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors are encouraged to apply.
- Free room and board at West Virginia University
- $5,000/summer stipend
- Travel allowance
- Field trips to National Laboratories and Research Facilities
- Team-building activities (rock climbing, ropes course, whitewater rafting, etc.)
More on the program: https://undergraduateresearch.wvu.edu/nanosafereu
How to Apply
Please find the application portal at:
Completed applications include:
1) online application, including short essay
2) official or unofficial verifiable undergraduate transcripts
3) a recommendation letter from a faculty member (preferably from your home institution) within your discipline or from a research adviser which addresses your potential/abilities/motivation for engaging in research. The letter MUST include a telephone contact information and be sent directly to:
Nanotechnology-NanoSAFE REU Site Application - 2018
313 White Hall PO Box 6315
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV 26506-6315
Tel: (304)293-7382; email: NanoSAFE@mail.wvu.edu
We encourage interested students to submit their applications now because early admission review of COMPLETED REU applications has begun and will proceed on a rolling basis from Dec 31, 2017
Regular review will begin Feb 3, 2018 and end upon all spots being filled.