Internship BioXFEL Undergraduate Internships
BioXFEL is a National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center (STC) that focuses on promoting and advancing the study of Biological molecules using X-ray Free Electron Lasers (XFELs). A summer internship is the best way to get started in this new and exciting field. BioXFEL offers Summer Research Internships to highly qualified undergraduate and post-graduate students with backgrounds in physics, chemistry, biochemistry, mathematics, computer science and all related fields. All applicants should be interested in pursuing a career in research and MUST be US citizens or US Nationals. Women and minorities underrepresented in STEM fields are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a highly competitive program where students will be given hands-on training in XFEL-related laboratory techniques. The internship also includes a scientific communications workshop, educational seminars and social activities. At the end of the 10-week program, students present their research results to the group. Internships run from the last week of May through the first week of August. Interns that require on-site housing will check into their dorms on Memorial Day, May 27th and check out on Saturday, August 3rd.
Our Program Offers:
- A $5000 stipend and will cover housing and travel expenses for those in need.
- An authentic full-time research experience with hands-on laboratory training.
- Regular workshops on scientific presentation skills throughout the summer.
- Seminars on current XFEL-related research, an introductory course on XFELs and Structural Biology.
- Professional Development activities, career mentoring and social events.
- The chance to network with pioneering researchers in XFEL science.
You’ll have the chance to work with top researchers on projects that include: protein crystallography, biochemistry, computational analysis, algorithm development, and microfluidics.