Internship Chemistry Intern at 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Chemistry Intern for the Critical and Chronic Care Solutions Division located in Brookings, SD for 2017.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work part-time during the school year and a full-time schedule throughout 10-12 weeks in the summer. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
About Laboratory/Technical /Quality/C3SD:
3M is seeking a Chemistry Intern to support the manufacture of diverse health care products in our Brookings, SD plant. Core technologies at this facility include: adhesive and powder web coating, film extrusion, nonwoven making, rotary converting, tape slitting, sterilization and microbiology. Our plant was recently named as one of the Best 50 Places to Work. Read about us in the September 2016 issue of Prairie Business Magazine.
As a Chemistry intern, your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze samples on a variety of “State of the Art” analytical instruments, summarizing test results and publishing reports.
- Complete chemistry / biochemistry related projects. Projects include test method development, validation and training.
- Troubleshoot analytical test equipment when necessary
- Assist plant Chemist with product failure or problem investigations
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Science or Engineering from an accredited university
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry / Biochemistry from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Completed at minimum your Sophomore year (4 semesters) by the start of the internship
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
Location: Brookings, SD
Travel: May include 1-2 domestic travel trips
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to find current openings and to apply.