Co-op Goodyear RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, ENGINEERING & QUALITY INTERNSHIP & CO-OP
ABOUT GOODYEAR RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, ENGINEERING, AND QUALITY (RDE&Q)
Goodyear’s Research, Development, Engineering, and Quality (RDE&Q) organization is responsible for delivering high-quality products and growing Goodyear’s innovation capability globally.
RDE&Q’s purpose is fast, efficient delivery of market-driven innovative products and processes aligned with business strategy to drive profitable growth. The team leverages innovation and lean principles to help improve quality and drive a more competitive business for Goodyear.
Global Research & Development
Research and Development is focused on discovering new knowledge about products, processes, and services and then applying that knowledge to create new and improved products, processes and services that meet consumer needs.
Global Engineering & Manufacturing Technology
Engineering and Manufacturing Technology has the responsibility to invent, design, and deliver product and process technologies to make Goodyear’s Business Strategies achievable. This department engineers and integrates new technologies to support new products and increased manufacturing capability.
Global Product Quality & Plant Technology
The Global Product Quality and Plant Technology organization is responsible for establishing and auditing global standards as they relate to safety, health, environment, product, and process quality
The co-op and intern programs at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company provide students with practical work experience in their chosen field prior to graduation. The programs can help students determine the type of work that best suits them and help focus their coursework in a specific field. Ultimately, the program helps students make sound career decisions upon graduation. Ideally, many of the program’s co-ops and interns will become Goodyear associates after graduation.
Students studying engineering or science have the opportunity to work in one of many diverse areas, such as:
- Research: Working to develop new products, process or materials
- Tire Technology: Focusing on product design, development and evaluation
- Global Engineering & Manufacturing Technology: Supporting and developing manufacturing equipment and processes
- Manufacturing: Gaining valuable experience while working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Students studying computer science may work in either business or technical computer areas. The technical computer operations area provides systems and applications to serve research and development areas, as well as hardware and software applications for manufacturing processes. The business information services area provides systems and applications to support the information and e-commerce needs of the business and functional areas.
In the cooperative education program, students alternate between on-campus classroom learning and continued learning and application at Goodyear. If the student’s school does not offer a co-op program, he/she may want to consider Goodyear’s intern program. Although smaller in scope than the co-op program, the focus remains on providing a quality learning experience for students.
- Technical Co-op/Intern, Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Co-op/Intern, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science
- Technical Co-op/Intern, Electrical Engineering
- Technical Co-op/Intern, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Co-op/Intern, Compounding & Reinforcement Technology
- Co-op/Intern, Product Quality & Safety
- Intern, Global Environment, Health & Safety Compliance
- Intern, Environmental Sustainability
- Intern, Design Innovation
- Pursuing B.S./M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Engineering, Statistics, Environmental Science/Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Safety/Environmental Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other Information Technology major, Applied Mathematics, Physics or similar discipline, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Engineering
- Undergraduate sophomore or junior class level at time of interview
- Have a passion for Engineering and a long-term desire to help drive Goodyear’s high performance organization.
Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to learn more and apply.