Internship Intern – QS Analytical Chemistry
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The Quality Services Analytical Chemistry internship position is based at the Quality Services Department at Ripon CA. Quality Services Analytical Chemistry intern will provide assistance for successful completion of analytical chemistry method development and qualification and optimization of existing analytical method. This candidate will also be working with instrument vendor technical team to help facilitate successful implementation of analytical procedures and collect meaningful data from trial runs to help validate and qualify analytical chemistry methods.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Help design and execute analytical chemistry trial runs to help qualify new analytical methods and optimize existing methods
- Required to research technical background of analytical methods and help secure critical analytical procedures into SOP’s
- Collect large volumes of meaningful data in a methodical manner to help demonstrate precision and accuracies of improved and new analytical methods
- Compile data, help analyze data and prepare reports from such trials
- Responsible for managing raw data and subsequent reports and charts generated from such data
- Organize, prepare a presentation at successful completion of analytical projects
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program in Engineering (Packaging, Materials, Industrial) or Science majors preferred
- Must be a college student; Junior Level in coursework, or above
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks of fulltime work (12 weeks preferred)
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, the Internet and computer aptitude
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to follow instructions and SOPs for successful setups of new test procedures.
- Conduct trial runs of new and improved analytical methods and collect a large pool of qualification data
- Input data into excel spread sheet and create various charts to demonstrate trends of performance variables
- Write summary reports of various analytical trials
- Use visual aids such as power point to present trial results
- Excels at creative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to determine the root cause of the problem
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Work independently within set guidelines
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors and related warehouse/production equipment and associated noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in the warehouse/production environment
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to find current openings and to apply.