Internship Internships at Merck
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last 10-12 weeks during the months of June-August, 2017. For the 2017 program, students who accept the positions are responsible for housing costs.
The Analytical Sciences (AS) organization within Pharmaceutical Sciences and Clinical Supplies (PSCS) is responsible for the analytical support of new small molecule and synthetic peptide drug product development at Merck. Our diverse team of highly talented Scientists accomplishes this critical mission through rigorous characterization of formulation candidates using state of the art analytical tools.
Internship positions are available in 2017 in the Analytical Sciences group based at our Rahway, NJ and West Point, PA sites. During your internship appointment you will work closely with an experienced pharmaceutical industry scientist on a research project with key tasks that include, but not limited to the following:
– Performing innovative formulation composition and process characterization, in-vitro characterization, and chemical stability experiments in order to drive fundamental understanding of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Full-time student pursuing a BS, MS or PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology/Microbiology, or other relevant disciplines
- Returning to school in Fall 2017
- Available for 10-12 week internship beginning June 2017
- Solid academic background in Analytical, Organic, and/ or Physical Chemistry, Biology/Microbiology
- Basic lab experience performing chemical experiments and applying common lab techniques and instrumentation such as chromatography and spectroscopy; Background laboratory experience in microbiology/medical technology
- Basic experience with statistical analysis and data presentation software and tools, including Microsoft® EXCEL
- Experience utilizing analytical tools to characterize the chemical and physical properties of peptides and proteins
- Strong personal character and ethics
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent academic achievement and problem solving skills
- Good team player and ability to work independently
A letter of reference from a professor is highly recommended; you may attach it in the same section of the profile as your resume.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to find current openings and to apply. Note: This link goes to the posting for a particular type of internship. Search the company website using the keyword "internship" to find many additional opportunities.