Internship Land O’ Lakes Chemistry Research Internship
WinField United, a Land O’Lakes company, offers top-performing seed and crop protection products with unmatched agricultural expertise and performance as core company values. WinField United has various marketing roles available in the corporate head office in Shoreview, MN (Minneapolis metro area). Each role is unique their own portfolio of products, but general job opportunities will include portfolio and brand strategy development, market research, and marketing communications. These roles will also have the opportunity to attend sales and customer events to support demand creation.
This position is an on the job training program for all persons attending college and planning to pursue a chemistry career in ag industry after graduation. The job will provide training on:
- R&D on formulations focusing on chelation, emulsions, and soluble liquids. Physical properties analysis as well as other analytical work i.e. bench chemistry. Chemical mixing for compatibility purposes. Developing and executing research protocols.
- The job will provide research and development experience at the Winfield Solutions location at River Falls, WI.
- It will provide the Intern with a better understanding of agribusiness, while helping them develop skills that will make them a more desirable candidate to hire as a chemist in Ag industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate novel products, work with instrumentation and develop protocols
- Maintain product inventory
- Mix pesticides for compatibility purposes
- Input data collected from research trials and lab experiments
- Dimensional analysis
- Perform assigned duties as directed by the Product Development Chemist
- Be able to work with concentrated chemicals including acids and bases
- Participate in training activities as directed
- Conduct personal and business activities in a manner that is consistent with projecting a good image within the community
Pursuing a degree in chemistry or a related field, ability to relate well with people, ability to operate analytical equipment, enjoys being in the lab, and able to function with a minimum of supervision.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to find current openings and to apply.