Internship R&D Analytical Intern
Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an opening for an R&D Analytical Intern, for the 2017 summer, at our Carlisle, PA location. This internship will be essential to complete an analytical research project on weathering package analysis.This is a paid internship.
- Prepare samples for chemical and physical analysis
- Utilize analytical instrumentation to conduct material characterization analysis
- Develop new methods for material characterization of raw materials and/or products
- Create standard operating procedures for new laboratory methods
- Conduct other laboratory tests as assigned
- Keep detailed record of completed work
Skills & Requirements
Applicants must be a sophomore, junior, or senior status enrolled in an accredited four year institution. A concentration in Chemistry, or related field is required. Working knowledge of analytical techniques and/or experience with rheological and chromatographic techniques is highly desirable. Applicants should also have strong written and oral communication skills.
Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
Candidates must be available to work the entire duration of the internship: May 15th – August 4th. A formal presentation to an internal audience will be required at the completion of the project.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to find current openings and to apply. There may be additional openings in other areas.