Internship R&D Intern
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
Provide summer internship in R&D, which will provide the student with hands-on work experience and help the R&D Team with their work.
Hexion’s Internship Program is an opportunity for students to bring their passion and educational experience to a global leader in specialty chemicals and an environment driven by our Core Values. These include:
Ethics and Integrity
- Safety, Health and Environmental Stewardship
- Customer Centric
- Our People
- High Performance Team Work
Internship opportunities with Hexion are available in multiple disciplines providing students an unparalleled experience within a global corporation focused on building a better world. Hexion is powered by a spirit of innovation providing a unique program encouraging students to actively contribute to Hexions continuous development. Hexion provides challenging projects that not only provide broad exposure to the interns particular field of study, but encourage further development as an individual and a business professional. We strive to ensure that interns leave our program having gained knowledge and skills that cannot be taught in the classroom.
- Will work in a research lab focusing on the development of Phenolic Specialty Resins
- Under supervision of scientists, will plan lab work and experiment to conduct testing
- Generate, and interpret and present testing data under scope of stage-gate project management
- Will be part of a large team to work on specific projects, and to develop the interpersonal skills in a corporate environment
- Able to work safely in a laboratory and follow standard safety procedures.
- Recognize and understand the hazards associated with working with chemicals and testing equipment.
- Report testing results clearly and concisely.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic attitude.
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to apply scientific method to problem solving.
- Ability to use basic lab equipment
- Knowledge to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of chemistry laboratory hygiene practices
- Experience of basic chemical handling
- Junior or Senior enrolled in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, or Material Science program.
Junior or Senior enrolled in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, or Material Science program.
- We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
- In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
How to Apply
Visit the company website to find current openings and to apply.