Internship SCI Scholars Internship Program
Accepting applications October 1 – November 30, 2018.
The application system for the 2018 SCI Scholars will open October 1, 2017. In the meantime, the 2017 positions will remain posted.
Exceptional sophomores and juniors majoring in chemistry and chemical engineering can apply for a prestigious SCI Scholars summer internship. Students are selected based on the strength of their application, statement of interest in an industrial internship, and letters of recommendation. Approximately 30 scholars will be chosen for internship positions in the summer of 2017.
- $6,000–$10,000+ for a 10-12 week internship
- A certificate and an additional $1,000, which can be used for any purpose, such as participation at an ACS or AIChE meeting
- Scholars nominate a high school chemistry teacher for recognition. Teachers will be awarded a certificate from SCI and $1,000, which can be used for professional development or classroom materials
Who Can Qualify?
- Current sophomores or juniors (check each listing for company preference)
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Chemistry or chemical engineering majors
- Minimum GPA: 3.5
How to Apply
Visit the organization's website to get up-to-date information about the program for 2018.