Internship 2019-2020 Campus Intern- IT Specialist Interns (Information Research Group)
Dow has opportunities for IT Specialist Interns within the Information Research group in Midland, MI and Freeport, TX.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Write robust, maintainable code to develop user-friendly front-end and/or back-end applications.
- Solve complex problems by analyzing & designing new applications or adopting/integrating existing systems based on requirements gathered from scientists and researchers.
- Create architectural designs for systems to meet evolving needs.
- Explore new patterns in IT development and lead efforts to adopt them.
- Develop Proof of Concept projects to test application of new technologies.
- Uplift existing core applications to modern platforms.
- Work with a variety of people, both in person and virtually.
Seeking candidates with the following:
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms as well as feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Solid understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration/continuous deployment discipline.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL or Graph databases.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with the research science lab environment and workflows is a plus, but not required
- Must be a team player – will work across geographic boundaries with project leadership, other Subject Matter Experts, Support Network, and client base.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Students must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.700 or higher on a 4.000 scale.
Visit the website to learn more about this opportunity and qualifications.