Internship 2020 Summer Internships in Research at DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences Experimental Station R&D Center
DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences is seeking outstanding candidates for 2020 summer internships in our R&D Center. They are looking for driven and creative summer interns to conduct research in the following areas:
- Novel enzyme assay methods for development of commercial enzyme products.
- Genetic engineering strategies for production microbes in industrial applications.
- Automated microbial enrichment techniques for probiotic development
- Microbial cultures for new food and beverage applications
The ideal candidates will be pursuing degrees in the life sciences and be familiar with basic laboratory techniques in relevant areas. Qualified candidates will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology or a related field
- Have completed your sophomore year of undergrad education and will continue your education in the fall
- Have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary scientific setting
- High level of initiative and the ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibit exceptional analytical instrumentation skills
- Exhibit exceptional bench top analytical skills
- Ability to document results, analyze data, draw conclusions, and communicate findings
- Familiarity with theoretical and practical aspects in related areas
Our Experimental Station R&D Center offers an intensive 13-week science internship program, in which interns develop a science project and take part in a variety of learning activities.