Internship Animal Resources – Summer Intern-1917368
Boehringer Ingelheim is seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join the Animal Resources department. You will actively support an AAALAC accredited laboratory animal care program, harmonized with the highest international standards and company ethical, caring, and leadership values in support of intramural research and development programs for innovative therapeutic products. The basic responsibility of this position is to assist Animal Resources personnel in providing veterinary health and behavioral management services to laboratory animal populations under direct supervision of the Environmental Enrichment Specialist. Additional duties include assisting animal operations personnel with routine and non-routine husbandry activities as well as observing/assisting with in-vivo study related activities.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of at least one course related to laboratory animal care
- Direct handling of a variety of laboratory animal species
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older