Intern Roles and Responsibilities:
Develop experimental designs and work plans in the creation of prototype products and methods.
Development and preparation of raw material, formula, packaging and finished product specifications.
Records detailed observation and data from experiments performed. Keeps lab notebook records current and in good order as a working legal document.
Responsible for safe working conditions (handles dangerous equipment and hazardous chemicals). Is aware of hazards associated with work assigned, observes safe work practices, keeps equipment neat, clean and in safe operating condition, and maintains good housekeeping standards.
- Demonstrated progress toward a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry.
- Basic personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases are required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of scientific method and ability to understand and carry out standard methods relevant to the department.
- Experience required to efficiently perform a variety of research experiments and tests including setting up and operation of apparatus and equipment.
- Summer 2020 Internship. Availability to work Full-time, 5 days/40 hours per week.
Visit the company website to learn more about the company, the internship position, and application process.