Internship Bell Labs Summer Intern Math & Algorithms (Summer 2020)
Bell Labs, the Nobel Prize winning research organization, is accepting applications for our competitive internship program. Bell Labs defines Nokia’s technological and architectural vision for the ICT industry, identifies the key challenges in this vision, and invents solutions that are an order of magnitude better than existing solutions.
The Mathematics and Algorithms Group is looking for outstanding candidates to work on projects in:
- machine learning and computational math covering such topics as
- function approximation and deep learning,
- reinforcement learning via neural networks,
- natural language processing, and
- active learning;
- B) Optimization for
- dynamic state monitoring,
- Lp function approximation and regularization; and
- C) Communication sciences in
- structure learning,
- massive MIMO of things,
- joint beamforming and scheduling.
- Absorb relevant prior research from publications and reports
- Analytical modeling of dynamic processes, resource allocation and optimization
- Design of algorithm for solution of problem instances
- Development of prototype using relevant programming languages such as matlab, python (libraries), R, mathematics, tensorflow, etc.
- Analysis and summarization of results and delivery of presentation to both expert and not-expert audience
Student Criteria: Overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above. Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
Education Requested: Must be pursuing a degree in Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Business Modeling, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Nanotechnology, Operations Research, Physics, Statistics, Systems Engineering and Telecommunications from an accredited college/university.
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred. Will accept students on F-1 Visa dependent upon program requirements or may consider sponsoring short-term J1 Visa PhD students dependent upon program requirements.
More information is available online.