Co-op Engineering Technology Summer Intern – Materials / Materials Engineering – Non- Metallic/Fluoropolymer Co-Op Internship
Chemours is seeking a Materials Engineering Non-Metallic Intern to join its growing Engineering Technology team!
The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with Materials Engineering and the Teflon™ Fluoropolymers Technical Service consultants to conduct and assist with failure analysis and quality investigations in support of Chemours manufacturing and R&D operations. The student may have the opportunity to interact with vendors of non-metallic equipment, such as fabrication shops and sub-assembly suppliers to gain an understanding of the non-metallics technology environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Write and present technical summaries to the engineering department internal customers and peers.
- Collaborating with various internal functions (R&D, Analytical, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Product Stewardship & Regulatory) to meet the needs of our customers.
- Will be responsible for prioritizing tasks and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding the various lab operations and basic testing required to increase knowledge of failure analysis and damage mechanisms.
- Benchmarking of Fluoropolymer products used in similar applications.
- Improving test methods for current Fluoropolymer products.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- BS Candidate currently enrolled in an ABET accredited program in Chemical, Mechanical, or Materials Science Engineering
- Satisfactory completion of at least 2 years in an undergraduate program
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel®
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Student must be organized and self-motivated
Visit the company website to learn more about the company, the role, preferred skills, and benefits.