Internship Field Research Intern
The Field Research Intern will support the Elemental Enzymes Field Team by applying, maintaining, and harvesting field and greenhouse trials. The Field Research Intern must possess excellent communication and organization skills. Applicants should be pursuing a BS degree in biology, chemistry, plant science, botany, agriculture, or have a background in farming.
Position Duration: April – August, (flexible start and end dates)
Job Responsibilities (selected)
- Assist in the setup, maintenance, and data collection of the Elemental Enzymes field trial program.
- Report accurate plant measurements
- Accurately note and report the progress of field and greenhouse trials
- Assist with machine and hand planting of field and greenhouse trials
- Assist in applying fertilizer, foliar applications and other treatments in the field
Required Experience (selected)
- Flexible summer schedule; availability for multi day trips to yield trial locations may be required.
- Completed introductory science courses, or have some experience with field research or operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately record data.
- Physically able to work in the field (stand for long periods of time, crouch, bend, and endure working in summer
- Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Visit the company website to learn more.