Internship Food Science R&D Internship
Food Science R&D Internship: The Research & Development (R&D) function at Cargill provides students with a career interest and a food related academic background, the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn and work with Cargill business units/function to provide solutions to customers.
Principal Accountabilities: You will be assigned to a project or multiple projects that will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work activities. Interns will have the opportunity to: • Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies. • Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development. • Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance.
Your internship project(s) will be in one of two areas: research or applications. ‘Research’ oriented projects encompass applying scientific principles to build knowledge about food ingredients in our portfolio for use in finished food systems. ‘Applications’ oriented projects involve applying lab or pilot work on customer finished food systems. Such applications work is typically done to meet a customer need and to support development of a new Cargill ingredient or product.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Summer before final year pursuing a Bachelor degree or currently pursuing a Master or Doctorate degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related technical science degree graduating between December 2020 – May 2021.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2020).
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance.
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability of collaboration, communication, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
Visit the Cargill website for more information.