Internship Internship (1 year) – Biochemistry and Molecular Biology for Polymer Biodegradation
The National Bioenergy Center at NREL has an opening for a full-time internship position in the National Bioenergy Center. The position will be supporting research and development activities related to polymer biodegradation and waste material upcycling.
Responsibilities will include assisting in the preparation of media and buffers, performing dilutions, assaying enzyme reaction, as well as assisting with protein expression and purification. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Clear record keeping skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a clean lab space with utmost attention to safety
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in a biology laboratory (outside of coursework)
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree granting program, or graduated in the past 12 months from an accredited institution. Internship period cannot exceed 12 months past graduation. Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Please Note: You will need to upload unofficial transcripts and a letter of recommendation as part of the application process.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Hands-on biochemistry experience
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Undergraduate or graduate level student (to work full time in the summer, part time during school) OR a recent graduate (to work full-time year around)
Past experience with the following techniques is preferred:
- Biochemistry: SDS-PAGE, Western blot, BCA or Bradford assay
- Molecular biology: sterile technique, PCR, cloning, E. coli transformation
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Visit NREL Job Postings for additional information.