Co-op Johnson & Johnson, Analytical Co-op
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Under routine supervision, the R&D Co-op will:
- Follow standard operation procedure, be trained on the operation of state-of-art instruments, help in literature search, participate in experiment design, carry out the studies as planned, troubleshoot abnormalities, summarize results, and present the data in the format of official reports internally, and/or conference presentations/peer reviewed scientific journal articles publicly.
- They will also maintain records in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Communicate potential problems and issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Review unusual results with the supervisor.
- Participate in laboratory investigations as needed.
- Acquire, maintain and apply current professional knowledge and skills associated with the job.
- Order laboratory supplies as needed.
- Adhere to regulatory, Johnson & Johnson and departmental requirements.
Based on location of assignment, Johnson & Johnson offers housing assistance to Co-ops who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site location, or a stipend payment for candidates to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Must be a student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate/graduate degree seeking a program majoring in a Science related field.
- Have a major in the following fields: Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Polymer Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biological Science, Chemistry, Computer Science & Engineering, and Behavioral Science.
- Have a minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Candidates must be able to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 6-month co-op term.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-