Internship Laboratory Assistant (Internship): Elemental Enzymes
Elemental Enzymes Ag and Turf, is a life sciences company that discovers, develops and produces innovative products to increase crop yields.
Elemental Enzymes is looking for energetic, challenge driven staff to continue support of current products and lead its innovative pipeline to market. The Laboratory Assistant will join a multidisciplinary team focused on using molecular biology and biochemistry techniques to develop and manufacture biological and chemical products that benefit plants and improve crop yield. The Laboratory Assistant will strive to maintain a clean, safe, and efficient laboratory and assist Elemental Enzymes staff.
Qualified applicants should be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related major.
- Complete designated Laboratory Assistant duties: cleaning and sterilizing glassware, stocking consumables, maintaining lab equipment and workstations, preparing microbiological media and lab reagents, and organizational tasks, such as inventory.
- Provide support to research scientists and technicians, such as sample prep.
- Learn and practice basic lab safety procedures.
- Interact effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Additional responsibilities may be added at the discretion of management.
- Concurrent enrollment in a biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related degree program.
- Understanding of basic biology concepts and methods.
- Understanding of general chemistry concepts and methods.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven ability to budget time and manage day-to-day laboratory duties and other assigned tasks.
- Scheduling is flexible, but applicants should be available 15–20 hours per week during normal business hours.
- Must be able to lift, crouch, stand, kneel, and work for extended periods of time.
- This position requires full mobility of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Those with this position must be able to work in Biosafety Level 1 and 2 Laboratories, which can cause more illnesses to those with immunocompromised systems.