Internship Laboratory Internship (Summer 2020)
Mettler Toledo’s precision measuring devices span the world’s laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores.
The key responsibilities of the Laboratory Intern position will be to clean, organize, and maintain an application laboratory and to assist senior specialists in customer sample testing with a variety of different instruments. Within this role, you will:
- Assist in developing applications and methods for quantitative analysis on a variety of sample types using various Mettler-Toledo instruments: potentiometric titrators, Karl Fischer titrators, balances, pH/conductivity/ion selective electrodes/dissolved oxygen meters, moisture analyzers, density meters, refractometers, melting point and dropping point instruments, and others.
- Perform verification tests on samples for proof of concept to potential customers along with writing and presenting technical reports
- Maintain laboratory organization and assist in cleaning laboratory equipment and glassware
- Assist with training sessions for internal and external customers
- Must be pursuing a (Sophomore, Junior, or Senior) Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Applicable fields of study include Chemistry or other Physical Science.
- Proficient-to-advanced M/S Office skills including Excel, Access (or other database) Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use presentation skills is also beneficial for the delivery of logistical and informational aspects of training.
- Excellent follow-through, ability to meet deadlines, decision making and multi-tasking skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Initiative/self-motivation and creativity.