Internship Professional Development Program (PDP) Internship – Data Science Summer 2020
BASF’s Data Science Summer Internship is created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to leading-edge data science projects and will be guided to apply data science skills in a real-world setting.
The Intern will be ‘hands-on’ and work on projects to execute deliverables during all phases of an analytics project, starting from project definition to completion.
- Undergraduate students majoring in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Statistics, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- College Sophomores and Juniors (December 2020-July 2022 grads)
- Demonstrated academic achievement (Minimum GPA 3.2)
- Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. now and in the future without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Programming experience in R or Python, other languages a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Fast learner
- Motivated to learn about machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, and new technologies
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus
Visit the internship posting to learn more.