Internship R & D Intern – Summer 2020
Neenah Inc., a multi-national technical products and premium paper company, is actively pursuing an intern with a Chemistry Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or Paper Science background to complete a 10-plus week internship program starting in May 2020.
The internship will provide exposure to many aspects of operations including a multi-functional team setting, process experience and project work with specific deliverables and exposure to the mill leadership team.
- Key project support
- Water-based coating – study and development
- Coating raw material screening and analysis
- Process optimization/continuous improvement projects
- Product development trial coverage/evaluation (with supervisor)
- Product cost model/analysis
- Preparing presentations/presenting work
- Maintaining/organizing/cleaning workspace
- Candidate will be expected to keep a Lab Notebook
- Individual must be currently enrolled and working toward a BS in Paper Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Chemical Engineering discipline is required.
- Must have laboratory experience
- Student will need to have completed a minimum of 2-full years of course work with preference for individuals who have completed 3-full years.
- Preference is a minimum 3.0 GPA in your academic field of study.
- Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business.
- Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting.
Visit the web site to learn more.