Internship Research and Development Adhesives Internship
Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an opening for a Research and Development Adhesives Internship at our Carlisle, PA location.
- Coordination with production personnel to arrange trials and collect samples and data.
- Method development and rheological testing of pressure-sensitive adhesive samples on TA Instruments Discovery Hybrid Rheometer (DHR).
- Laboratory wet chemistry work such as extractions and solvent swelling experiments.
- Adhesive sample preparation/assembly and physical property testing on Instron tensiometer equipment.
- Laboratory mixing and testing of adhesives
- Accurate and organized reporting of all laboratory methods and test results.
- Participation in various R&D meetings with production, suppliers, purchasing, and marketing personnel.
- Compliance with all Carlisle laboratory and company-wide safety programs.
- Graduate student or third year undergraduate enrolled in an accredited four-year institution
- Major in Materials science, Engineering, Polymer science, Chemistry, or Chemical engineering
- Completed coursework that includes general and organic chemistry (12 credit hours), general physics (6 credit hours), and appropriate level mathematics. Some background in statistical methods is desirable
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Previous internship experience a plus
Visit the company website for more information about the internship and its requirements.