14 Oct 2019
Co-op Research Intern – 3-6 months Co-Op
POET Research Inc. is seeking a research intern for a 3 – 6 month co-op experience.
Intern activities may include the following:
- Perform appropriate benchtop, small scale, pilot, plant, or analytical tests and trials as required.
- Work with POET Research team members to develop research plans to accomplish a commercial objective.
- Complete research plans as assigned and assist with on-site commissioning and start-up activities as needed.
- Perform data analysis, interpretation and
- Effectively communicate all issues, data, results, and accomplishments in written and verbal formats.
- Maintain laboratory
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Maintain a team environment at all times
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Entering junior level or higher college courses majoring in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or related curriculum.
- Experience working with lab equipment including spectrophotometers and general chemical assay procedures.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communications skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
Visit the company website to learn more.