Internship Spring 2022 Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI)
Applications for the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) Program are now open for the 2022 Spring Term. Applications are due October 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET.
Apply at https://science.osti.gov/wdts/suli
Are you an undergraduate student or recent graduate pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math?
Do you want to develop and hone your research skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists and engineers?
Then the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program is for you. As a SULI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on research experience and build your professional network while collaborating on an exciting project under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your research to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills.
The SULI program is sponsored and managed by the Department of Energy (DOE) / Office of Science’s Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) program in collaboration with 17 DOE national laboratories and facilities across the U.S.
- $600/week stipend
- Housing accommodations or housing allowance
- Round-trip travel reimbursement
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student or recent graduate of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program at an accredited institution
- Must have completed at least one year as a matriculated undergraduate at the time of application (freshmen are not eligible)
- Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application
- Must possess medical insurance during the internship
- Students may participate in SULI twice and apply a maximum of three times