21 Oct 2019
Internship Summer Chemistry Internship 2020 – Component Science
Lubrizol Additives is offering a chemistry summer internship for 2020.
- Work directly with research chemists to synthesize new compounds in the laboratory and develop structure-performance relationships or models that correlate structure to multiple performance criteria.
- Assist in tabulating, interpreting and communicating the results to R&D team, sponsors, and customers.
- Follow safe laboratory procedures to prepare organic and/or polymeric chemicals.
- Accurately record data and keep an organized laboratory notebook.
- Communicate results to chemists and give project updates to team members and R&D community.
- Academic Major: currently pursuing an undergraduate chemistry degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation date on or after August 2020.
- Must be able to commit to at least 12 weeks during Summer 2020.
- Some familiarity with polymer and synthetic organic chemistry
- Some experience in preparing and characterizing organic, and/or polymeric chemicals. (e.g. Organic Chemistry Lab)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during the summer of 2020 in Wickliffe, Ohio (please note that housing is provided to eligible candidates)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Visit the company website to learn more about the role, responsibilities, and benefits.